Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why am I so bad at this?

When I was younger, I used to write. A Lot. My parents swore that some day I'd be a writer. My English/Language Arts/Creative Writing teachers LOVED me and I still have my writing folders from grades 6,7,& 8. Geek right? Yeah per usual. Anyhow, I've always wanted to write a book and for some reason I can't even keep up with my blog...why in hell do I think I could write a book? A blog is easy, it's recounting my life, my daily events (errr...weekly, maybe even monthly? man I really am bad) and for some reason I can't even do that, what makes me think I could write a book? Not to mention, my brain is made of some sort of mush these days. I'm exhausted and can't sleep all at the same time. I'm sure it looks very similar to what I feed Conor on a daily basis...pureed with weird colors (seriously I fed the kid pears mixed with green beans tonight because he won't eat the beans alone - eww).
Talking to my sister tonight about the frustration of Aiden's imagination limitations... (he can imagine that the chair is a spaceship however cries when the spaceship doesn't really take off) She informed me that Aiden may look exactly like my husband, but he has my brain. Heh? Say what? She brings up a very vivid memory of hers (she is six years older) of me throwing the greatest hissy fit on the face of the planet under the kitchen table due to the fact that my mother wouldn't take me to the castle to go see my imaginary friends. I remember that hissy fit. So it must have been huge because I was three or four years old. I remember throwing my Mac and Cheese on the floor (first time I had been given Ketchup with it, I recall what it looked like on the linoleum)and freaking out screaming about my mom not taking me to the castle to see Johnny, Wonny, Conny, Fonny, Sonny, etc...or what I affectionately call the 'Onnies'. My imaginary friends lived in a castle, which was really a cool looking old church, in downtown Bangor, Maine. What child has imaginary friends that live too far away for her to visit on a regular basis? My dad did take me to that castle once and I was too afraid to go in, because Grover, in an armored suit, was standing behind the door. Okay there's all sorts of issues in that revelation. I don't think I ever met my imaginary friends and they lived too far away, separation anxiety issues much maybe? So yeah, she was right, he does have my brain. Thankfully my brain is on the normal side of crazy so I have hope for his future.
Speaking of being on the normal side of crazy, I'm not really sure how my sister and I are normal. As I grow older I find out more and more about my family and seriously there is probably a text book out there or two that could be written, I'm sure they could provide a pharmaceutical company plenty of business to not need to supply to anyone else...ever. Ten shades of crazy, and thankfully, I don't speak crazy. Well except that whole Onnie thing...

So on to the kids. Aiden still is on his Mars trip, not trip as in voyage because that is what he'd prefer. Not so sure how to deal with that except for the hope that one day he will grow out of it. Conor is sitting!! Yeah!! It doesn't last very long but he's soooo happy he's doing it...as am I because he WANTS to sit, he'd like to run actually...we'll get there eventually, probably too soon.

No comments: