Thursday, January 3, 2008

Some tips...

I thought I'd share these...just tips I've picked up along the way and some of my own. Only a few today but I'll be sure to add more.

Aiden is potty training (as I may have complained about previously). His issue is that he's afraid of the dark, if I'm mid giving Conor a bottle (as it seems I always am when he's going potty) then he is left screaming at the bathroom door saying he has to pee and it's too dark. We have a light switch with four switches on it and the decision is just too overwhelming I think. So we sat and picked out a few small stickers to label the right switch. One sticker for on and one for off. Works great! (Though we went to a friends house and he was upset that the stickers were missing from their light switch...so everyone must do it now...hehe).

I picked up a tip in a book recently of clipping together socks (dirty ones) w/ those small colored clothes pins. I've seen to do it with safety pins, but that takes forever...so I went out the other day and picked up two packages of clothes pins at the dollar store, assigned red to Sam, blue to me, green to Aiden and told them if they want their socks back from the laundry they have to be clipped together when dirty. I just did my first load of whites with them clipped and man what a time saver! When Conor gets big enough to have his clothes washed with ours I'll assign him blue or red, because it will be obvious they aren't Sam's or mine. Not only are they all paired already, I also know whose is whose quickly by looking at their colored clip! Just had to share for those of you that hate pairing socks.

No comments: