Thursday, January 24, 2008

I want to go to SPEECH!!!

Last evening when putting Aiden to bed I told him about his day today, we do that every night just to give him a heads up on all the fun stuff that will be happening when the sun comes out. (Not everything is told to him though or we wouldn't hear the end of it)So I told him, tomorrow we are going to go see Ms. Tricia, we are going to Speech. He was so excited, he repeated, "We go to Speech when we wake up. When the sun comes out we go to Speech." So this morning, his eyes opened and he said, "We go in the car, we go to speech." Wooohoo. He loves speech. Which he does love speech but he's never talked about it like that. He of course preceded to ask about it every five minutes until we left at eleven. FUN.
I figured something was up when we pulled onto the street that the school was on and he said, "No mommy, we can't go to school, we have to go to speech." I said, "I know, speech is at school remember, we are going to go see Ms. Tricia." All went well, he went off with Ms. Tricia but when she brought him back he was in TEARS. She had told him, it is time to go home. He said, no it's not time to go home, it's time for speech. She informed him that she was speech and speech was all done for the day, didn't they have fun...which he did, but still cried, NO GO HOME. GO TO SPEECH.
Complete meltdown. We tried for about fifteen minutes to figure out what his definition of speech was, what did he do there, where was it, etc. Nothing but tears. Lasted quite a while until I pulled the McDonalds card. He had his cheeseburger and french fries at home and requested to take a nap. Which, I couldn't let him do because it was about time to take Conor to the pediatrician (Diagnosis - Ear infection number five since December).
Fast forward to this evening. Sam is at work still (it's almost 8pm). So we did nebulizer & a bottle with Conor after his dinner and he went to bed shortly after six. Aiden got to play Sonic for a little bit (after a day with no TV weee) and had his dinner. After dinner we came into the office to find some space coloring pages. The kid LOVES space. So we printed out a picture of Earth and a picture of a space shuttle. We were coloring Earth and he choose green for the US because of the grass, and colored that in. He wanted to color S. America blue because it's water, so I had to get his Globe out to look at it, he decided to switch to Orange and color in Africa. He said, "That's the desert." I was shocked. I said, "Yes that's right, that's the dessert." He said, "it has lots of sand, like the Speech." EUREKA! I have to call his speech pathologist in the morning. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have figured that out until next summer...
Time to put him to bed. Peace out.

No comments: