Monday, September 10, 2007

2 Month Check up

Conor had his two month checkup today, which unfortunately involved three vaccine shots and the oral vaccine for Rotavirus. Needless to say, he is not a very happy camper this evening. Poor guy. His left thigh is really bad since that's where he had two of the shots...it's swollen and red all the way from his hip to his knee...poor dude. I put him in a long sleeve onesie to try and avoid his pajamas rubbing up against his thigh. He is doing well though, he looks great and all is well. He weighs 12 lbs 13 oz, up from 9 lbs, 14 oz from his last check up a month ago...He is 25 inches long, up from 23 3/4. :) Poor kid though, I really hope he feels better by tomorrow. I remember this with Aiden, it was a rough night the first time, we were up all night and the only thing that consoled him was his swing. We were supposed to go to a playgroup at WWI Memorial Park tomorrow, but we may not go if he's not feeling better (or if I get no sleep).

Today we went to a luncheon thanking Julie for putting the playgroup together...since she is the one who started it and ran it for the past year. I'm so happy to help out now and organize the 0-12 month and 3+ playgroups. It's a lot of fun. Our moms group is pretty big too, we have 144 members.

Unfortunately I also went to the dentist today...something is up...I have 8 new cavities, from six months ago!! The dentist said it may have been from my pregnancy, something about the PH balance of my saliva, it may have to do with my diet as well. Who knows, it just sucks because now I need 8 fillings! 8!! Uggg... It's not like I drink a lot of sweet drinks or anything, I have a soda perhaps once or twice a week, if that...and I put a lot of creamer in my coffee, but I only have one coffee a day, sometimes two! I don't eat a lot of candy or junk either and I of course brush my teeth and all that...ugg...

No comments: