Thursday, September 11, 2008

I want to point out...

That my two boys are very different. I have had a small blond boy in this house for over four years now...two of them for a little over fourteen months and here is one of the (many) ways they are different. Not different in a good way, not different in a bad way...but different.

For the first time in the phase of my life that I refer to as 'Mommydom' there are toys EVERYWHERE. There used to be toys...all over the place because well, we had a lot. So when moms complained or mentioned that there were toys everywhere I was like..."Yeah, my house too...there's too many...get the kid a book!" Um, nope, that was a misinterpreted meaning to that phrase.

By everywhere...they mean...everywhere. For example, we spent the majority of the day today out of the house...and when we were in the house...the wee one's were either eating or sleeping (my kind of day!) however, upon my nightly clean up this evening I found:
In the kitchen - a stuffed pink pig, a truck, a large plastic fish and I'm sure there was a ball- because there is always a ball.
In the bathroom - there was a block, a Lightening McQueen and Superman was in the sink...hmmmmm
In the living room - more stuffed animals (dog is actually the culprit for the stuffies as my kids have many but do not play with them...dog on the other hand is quiet enamored with them and well..we are hoping that changes when he gets fixed - you do the math), more trucks and a yellow car....
In the hall - a half eaten chicken...uh huh. Yup, it's a toy. Plastic chicken from the boys play kitchen and well...damn dog!

I'm not even going to talk about the recycling all over the house...plastic bottles in my bed, one under the desk and even the egg package in the hall...oh and for some reason, my gym bag is now dumped on the office floor, the office trash is dumped out...and in the small trash can is a spoon...taken from a drawer in the kitchen. Nope, not even going to talk about that.

That doesn't sound bad right? Well let me tell you, I cleaned up before we went to the library and I believe Conor was on the prowl for all of 32 seconds before I convinced (read wrestled) him to put on his pajama's and a new diaper. Aiden was walking around with his new books from the library (One on India because he requested a book on the Taj Mahal and the other one is about Mount Rushmore...he went to bed hugging that one - I have no idea where he comes from so don't look at me...I hated geography and social studies and all that...shudder) so let's not think he has anything to do with this. He is also why I held the previous misinformed definition of 'toys all over the place'...NOT TO MENTION the fact that they have a playroom that I lock ...errr...I mean have them play in all day when they aren't eating or sleeping (at least I try to and kinda 'wish' I could lock them in...shhhh). So a word to the wise...all you moms out there who are also misinformed...be prepared!

Oh and by the way...when did this kid get tall enough to put things in the bathroom sink??? Man I'm in trouble...gypsies boy...Gypsies!!!

No comments: