Friday, June 20, 2008

Yup, digging in the trash again...

And here is what I got...
 
Posted by Picasa


Ok, I wasn't really 'digging' in the trash, so please don't get too skeeved out on me.

I found these two dejected items (the lamp and the table) on the side of the road...in a ditch actually, covered in dirt and grass and sad sad sad...sitting in front of a house that is not nice...not nice at all (lots of mean signs - No trespassing and just broke down looking)...

Anyhow, here is what the table looked like...(click on it, make it big...blech!!)



Yummmm!!!!!

Here is what the light looked like...um well I forgot to take pics before I started spray painting...but notice the hideous gold and the sad sad lampshade.







Not bad for free...I just have to play around with the accesories some more...and no the clips (if you noticed them) on the lampshade are not staying, that is just until the glue dries. Oh and the lamp works even!!

PS - here is how the first picture really looked before I had to lighten it a ton so you could see the details...it's 9pm, not a good time for natural lighting... Go ahead, click on it for a close up (notice the whole in the wall we inherited from the previous owner and never fixed - used to have my dresser there) and the missing paint behind the chair from the boys rocking that thing like crazy into the wall the other day...and well a ton of imperfections...go ahead...I'm not scared notice them. But also notice how cute that golf fabric is, I've been wondering what to do with that! Oh and hubby says the lamp may end up in his office at work...I guess I'm not so silly after all picking up trash...



Oh and does anyone have a solution for spray paint trigger finger???

Oh and I made that little box, man I've been working on that for years...I'm still not done...the pattern is 'burnt' on...it's one of those things (wood burning) that I tend to put on a back burner for a long time...get it burner...man I'm hilarious.

No comments: