Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stash Busters!!!

{Like Ghost Busters...come one sing it with me}

Ok my husband thought I'd lost my mind when I said I was stash busting...

I have one hundred thousand yards of random fabric that I have done nothing with...because I am weird. Here's the deal...I buy fabric I love, some I like, some I buy because it's cheap...and I look at it and admire it and think about how much potential it has to be something awesome, something beautiful. And then, I pack it away because I'm petrified that I'll F it up...create some wonky looking beastly thing that needs to go under the bed, or eaten by the dog and there goes my beautiful full of potential fabric. Silly right?

Yeah...I agree...

So I started to play around...I bought some plain white tea towels from the XMas Tree Shoppe the other day (love that place lots of trouble!) - only $1 each.



Stash buster! Go get some scraps (or cut them off yards) and voila...new pretty...towel. Ok, almost pretty. One of the reasons I have a hard time w/ my final products is I'm such a rush that I barely measure once...much less twice...and things end up wonky because of it...oh well...They work right? Cute right?




I was reading THIS BLOG last night and found this super cool idea to do with scraps...so of course I had at it...hers are gorgeous, mine is wonky...and I threw it on my dresser w/ too many frames behind it and I totally need to dust/washmirrors/frames/clean...whatever...



It's a little busy...so I may have to find a different location for it. Notice the fabric underneath it though...from the stash...i need to cut it to size but threw it on there to see how it would work, I like it I think, better than the top of that dresser which has seen better days and wasn't worth the cheap money I spent on it (I think I'm still paying for it actually on a credit card somewhere).

Oh and I also stuck some fabric in those two candle holders that are missing their middle child...(broke - dang kids)...because I never light candles in them anyway...



I do have to find something to do for window treatments in that room....I soooo want to paint it (lots of wood!) but I think window treatments will resist that urge, as painting it would probably take an entire lifetime and then I'd hate it and wish it could be it's natural wood again and well, that will never happen.

No comments: