Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gluten free boys

The boys are going gluten free. The decision has been a long time coming but made final yesterday after Conor's nine month check up with his pediatrician. He is doing well size wise, he's 24.4 lbs and 31.5 inches. Big boy all around. :) His feet are now being seriously effected by this skin issue he has and he has red raw blisters forming between his little toes. We did a test of all common allergens today and the pediatrician and I decided that it is time to make them both gluten free. So far so good. Last night we ran to Whole Foods and stocked up. Aiden ended up having GF waffles for dinner, but had a nice GF mac and cheese for lunch today, it was great that I got to eat it too! I made the Mac and Cheese using Tinkyada pasta (Fussilli)and a couple of slices of cheese (3 to be exact) a little bit of milk and some salt and pepper. Pretty good actually!

I went out today and bought a Breadman cool Touch Automatic Bread Maker and am using one of my new boxes of bread mix in it right now. It is Gluten Free Sandwich Bread Mix from 365 (Whole Foods). Its cooking now, so we'll see how it works out. I'll update.


** I'm an idiot. I am not telling what I did. But the bread would have been good if I wasn't such an idiot...but like I said, i am...so I'll have to just buy the mix again some other time and I'll share the results.

On a good note, Aiden ate a great dinner of gluten free grilled cheese sandwiches, made on Tapioca bread in my new TFAL Avante Sandwich and Waffle maker (using the sandwich maker option obviously). They were actually really good and didn't burn or anything as Tapioca bread usually does for me on the burner. He didn't complain as he ate two sandwiches! (He also had some fruit too)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're able to find some good GF ideas to make. I know how hard it can be sometimes.

Jia
www.modernmollymormon.blogspot.com