Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chop off his ears...

Conor has another ear infection...after over three weeks of amoxycillion (well interrupted w/ a dose of Zithromax at the beginning due to an ear infection that wouldn't leave). I noticed the other night he started to tug a bit on the right ear and he is being pretty fussy at night. Wanted to take him in yesterday but they were closed so we went this morning and YEAH...ear infection number one million. I swear. I just don't know what to do anymore...he has another month until his surgery. UGggg. So we are off the amox, as it wasn't working anyway and he has another script for Zithromax and a lab sheet for a liver panel since he's looking a bit orange...and they aren't sure if it is his diet or if his liver is pissed at the amount of antibiotics the kid has been on over the last four months. Uggg uggg uggg I feel so terrible. For him and about this.

Aiden starts preschool tomorrow. It's not a full day, but he'll be at school for two hours straight without mommy there! Im sure he's going to have a blast.

I got a ton of books today for a great deal. $13! for 25 books!! We went to a book sale this afternoon at a library in East Providence.

I bought 7 kid books for Aiden (some kid encyclopedias, some classic books like Dr. Seuse and Abiyoyo) and the following for me:
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Poisonwood Bible
The Hours
A Thousand Acres
Snow Falling on Cedars
Almanac of the Dead
Turtle Moon
Daughter of Fortune
The Last Time They Met
Sea Glass
Songs in Ordinary Time
Romola
Summer Sisters
Angels & Demons
The Amateur Marriage
The Memory Keepers Daughter
The Jane Austen Book Club
Cavedweller


I had them in a stack in front of me, trying to choose which one to read when Sam called, he's on his plane on his way back from DC (they haven't taken off yet) and I told him to pick a number 1-15. He picked twelve and the twelfth one in the stack was The Hours...so I guess I'm starting on that one.

That's all for now...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no, sorry there seems to be a never-ending ear infection going on! I think it's about as hard on the parents when our babies are sick. Hope he gets lucky with the infections until the surgery. That is a great deal on the books! Wish I could find a deal like that!