Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Poop Poop Everywhere and I have a Rash...

Be WARNED this deals with A LOT of poop talk...

Soooo we are potty training.
I decided that there are no more diapers, no more...I was going to buy a new package the other day and thought, JEEZ these are expensive...And I have to buy some for my four month old and some for my three year old...odds are the four month old isn't going to potty train any time soon, so I came home and told Aiden, "There are no more diapers." Voila. Okay, so not really voila. Things have been going OKAY...Could be worse, could be better.
Some days we have had no accidents, other days we have run through every pair of sweatpants Aiden owns(which is a lot)...then there are really fun days like yesterday and today.
So Aiden was playing Sonic yesterday and I told him that he had to go try and go potty, he went pee and decided he had to run off and go back to playing sonic, I told him he had to try and poop...he said no, didn't have to go...
Fast forward to ten minutes later, I look in to check on him and he's standing playing Sonic, which is very odd because normally he sits in his bean bag chair. At his feet was, you guessed it, poop. Two piles of poop...he says to me "Awww Aiden, why you poo poo on the floor." Leaving me to believe the kid knows better...So I said, "Give me the controller, get into the bathroom." He hands me the controller and I immediately regret that exchange, because it's covered in poop. Covered. As are Aiden's hands. As is Aiden's train table. As is the carpet. As is the inside of Aiden's pants, his socks, his legs...AAGGGGHHHH!!! So Mommy Was Very Angry. I informed him of this, no more sonic until Saturday - he had to go in, sit on teh potty, then take a shower...I had to clean him up and the rest of the free world that was covered with his excrement.
Fast forward to two hours later...he is standing in the corner of his playroom 'reading' the Sonic instruction manual. Corner of the Playroom = Poop...it always has. I told him "Hold up! Don't Poop!" (mind you he had just pee'd about fifteen minutes prior)...I thought I had been smart...he's been going without underwear because I really wanted him to be aware of the sensation that he's not wearing a diaper or anything else, therefore shouldn't pee (or poop)...BUT I put underwear on him because at least it would catch the poop right? WRONG. Poop was on the floor...under his feet to put it more specifically...smeared into the floor with his lovely white socks...yum. I put a stop to it immediately, told him he needed to go to the potty NOW and shuffled him in there...there was a little bit of poo in his underwear, how the rest of it escaped is beyond me. I proceeded to tell him he was in so much trouble, sit on his Diego potty while I go clean up the poop...When I got back to him he had basically filled the potty...So I'm thinking the kid doesn't feel well, so I lay off on his punishment.
Today he did great. He asked me to go to the potty when we were at Amy's house...he held it while we shopped, he held it for the ride home and his nap...well I hear his door slamming and go and check on him and he says "Oh no mommy...Poop" His pants are around his ankles and I'm assuming he HAS to poop, because at a glance there was no poop within his pants, I saw his underwear, yes it was wet, but there was no poop. So I plop Conor into his crib, who proceeds to scream about that situation...and rush Aiden to the potty...I started the tub for him and had it full...(Oh his shower this morning is a whole other story...) took off his pants while he was sitting on the potty thinking he was there too poop...As I pull of the pants, poop goes flying across the bathroom, it was almost as if it was slow motion..."Noooo!!!" Big nasty poop flies into the tub, onto the tub and onto the floor...Shoot me now. Conor is screaming at this point and Aiden pipes up with "Mommy is Angry"...Mommy is beyond Angry my boy...So I clean up all the poop but I still fall apart, I think I just hit a breaking point, I told Sam I was looking for a job and seriously started to look for one...I'll put them in daycare, someone else can take care of this potty training stuff because I can't hack it!! Obviously the thought was fleeting, however I did look for almost an hour...all while Conor screamed, Aiden repeated 'Mommy is happy? Mommy is happy??" He always says that after he has done things wrong...uggg...I felt horrible but I seriously started to cry quite hard, I think I just hit a breaking point. Damn potty training.
This morning While Aiden was in the shower, he says to me..."I need soap"...I look in the shower and he's squeezed the body wash onto his leg...I showed him how the loofah with make the soap bubble and that he is not to use anymore soap...I got dressed and went back in and heard the distinctive sound of an empty squeeze container, why yes ladies and gentleman he had emptied the whole bottle of soft soap into the shower with him... Ugg

Oh and about my rash. I'm allergic to yardwork...it's official. It isn't poison ivy, because no one else has gotten and it we can't seem to find it, but it's poison something. I noticed it on my hands on Monday, yesterday I noticed it on my forehead, tonight at the gym I noticed it on my face by my nose and came home to realize, oh yeah, it's on my EYELID! Uggggg! So I scrubbed down the laptop, only place I can think the oil may still be and I'll have to go to the doc tomorrow for some steroids. FRICKEN FUN.

No comments: