Monday, August 27, 2007

Starting over...

Completely new blog here, again...well reason being is I've changed my email from AidensMommy to MaMahoney2 - I'm a Mom to 2 Mahoney's now...not just Aiden. So before I used to have to log out to update my blog and though it was a two second process, it was monotonous all the same. Therefore, new blog.

I've decided I need to start updating either every morning or evening, think I'll do it? No...me either. But I'm going to try.

A recap of the weekend - Saturday Sam went to a bar crawl, so Aiden, Conor and I went shopping starting at 11 am. It was so hot. I got some good deals at Burlington Coat Factory and then we went to the mall for a bit so Aiden could see the dogs and play in the playplace. He has a great time there, though the kid REALLY needs that stranger anxiety. He ran up to every adult there, climbed in most of their laps, jumped on some old woman (I think he scared the crap out of her). Most people he'd go up and say "Hi. How you doing?" He's like a mini Joey from friends and likes picking up adults or something. You'd think he got absolutely no attention from myself or his father. I just kept walking around, carrying Conor, apologizing to adults, telling Aiden to slow down and stop running over all the other kids...he went up to two little girls with beads in their hair and started playing with it - like beating the hair around, so embarrassing. I apologized to the girls and told them that he REALLY liked their hair. There was this cute little brown haired girl named Abbey there. I had noticed her eyeing Aiden for a while...then she started calling his name "Aiden, oh Aiden"(I had called him so many times I think people who worked at the stores nearby knew his name). And she started chasing him around, she was very ga-ga over him. She told me her name, that she had turned five the day before and that she liked Aiden. He is pretty cute. ;) We left the mall and both boys were asleep, so to keep cool a bit longer we went to Joanne fabric, Aiden asleep in the seat part of the stroller and Conor in his carseat in the bucket part...Everyone always comments how lucky I am that they both sleep when I shop, it's true I am...Aiden is very good at sleeping during shopping...hehe...and it helps that they take up the entire cart so I can only peruse, can't buy anything, no room for it! LOL

Yesterday we went to Lincoln Woods State Park. Aiden, Conor and I had been there on Friday but it was the first time Sam had been. We were there only for about two hours, but it was long enough. Unfortunately there was no running water yesterday, so that kind of skeeved me out. I mean I realize that there is a lot of going to the bathroom going on in that lake since there are so many kids in it, but that meant there was even more, since there was no using the bathrooms...gross! I never went into the water though, Aiden and Sam had a great time swimming around. :)

When we got back I had to return three shirts I bought on Saturday since they didn't fit, and Conor and Aiden don't make it easy for me to try things on. So I told Sam I wanted to go to the store, he wanted me to bring Conor and leave Aiden home with him, after a minor meltdown, it was agreed that yes, yes I do need a little bit of time alone. Ahhhh fun. Thankfully though I was able to go to BCF and return the three shirts and get three pair of jeans. I got AWESOME deals! Three pairs of jeans that retail over $250 for $36! Gotta love it. :) You have to really search there, but you are bound to find hidden gems every once in a while. I had no idea what size I was, so spent a lot of time trying things on, but thankfully found some that fit and the size wasn't too drastic to make me want to give up and go home. Hehe.

Last night I worked on the bedroom, put all my sweaters away, reorganized my dresser and packed away clothes that I just unpacked...hehe...I had pulled out all my non maternity clothes and put them away and then realized there was no way they would fit...so a foolish little cycle. I still need to finish cleaning up in there...along with the rest of the house...Not much longer until I host my first playgroup.

Last night Conor was up at 11:30, 1:15, and 5:00. Doesn't sound bad but the 1:15 was a killer...hehe. I got up and prepared Conor's bottle while he still was crying a bit in his room. So Sam got up with him, took the bottle and said he'd feed him...SWEET! I went back to bed...for 45 minutes...Sam came in and told me that he couldn't get him to eat...so I fed him his bottle, he finally went down at quarter after three. For some reason Conor refuses to eat for Sam. Not sure why that is...He didn't eat at the 5:00 either, three sips and he fell asleep for Sam - but the original issue there was he had wet through - so I got up with at 6:15 and he finally ate his bottle. He was up for three hours after that, he's starting to be awake more frequently...which is good...but I need to figure out how to keep him entertained, keep Aiden entertained, keep the house clean and keep myself Sane. HAHAHA...right. ..

Well, time to get some more done around the house. This morning I've done some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and that's it...it was kinda cool this morning, but it's heating up again and getting humid. Gotta look at my daily chores and figure out how to get back on track, I haven't been following my schedule since Conor was born.

No comments: