Wednesday, March 5, 2008

An update...

I haven't updated in a while. My bad!!

So here is a quick update of our Family:

Sam - Sam is doing well. Is crazy busy with work. I think it makes him happy though to have something challenge him, and then be really successful at it. He is currently on a flight on his way back from Omaha. I had forgotten to ask how today went - oops! Since he called quickly to give me his flight info, since his original flight had been canceled. He works a lot lately and is extremely swamped right now with a ton of stuff going on, hopefully he'll make it through and all will calm in his life again soon.

Aiden - Aiden bowled for the first time today. He had so much fun! He is actually pretty good at it, granted we used bumpers and even a guide sometimes, but he enjoyed himself thoroughly and totally understood the point. He went and saw Dr. Lichameli on Monday and he agreed that it was indeed time to get those tonsils out!! His apnea is really bad (I took video of him sleeping the other night, if I ever figure out how to hook that thing up to the computer I'll have to share it) and he is just exhausted, all the time. Last night for example, he fell asleep at quarter after six and slept until 7:30 am. Poor guy.

Conor - At Aiden's apt. on Monday, Dr. L asked if we had any questions, I showed him Conor's written ear infection history and asked if he thought he needed tubes. Dr. L said, how about I schedule their surgeries for the same day...um that's what I thought. So we are headed back to see Dr. L tomorrow- this time Conor gets to be tortured and get him a hearing test, etc and we will hopefully schedule both of their surgeries soon. I'm nervous of having them both under anesthesia on the same day, but it does make sense after all to schedule them both - for convenience and convenience with follow up visits as well. Other than the ear issue, he's doing well. Happy little guy who still only can go backwards, but he is getting so frustrated and getting up on all fours that I know crawling will be soon.

Me- Same ol same ol w/ me. Actually I'm awaiting my last pap results. Damn me for being celebratory w/ the nurse pre-apt and actually 'suggesting' that maybe I could now schedule paps once a year instead of every six months since it had been 8 years that I have been 'cancer free'. It appeared to my doc that things didn't look good, but he would wait to see the pap results and will probably have to schedule an endometrial biopsy and a colpolscopy/biopsy of my cervix. Weeeeee All old hat but still not fun. Oh, and I'm 30 now...

Chester and Chicago - Chester is getting big, he's getting his adult teeth in. He had some vaccines today. He weighs ten pounds and is officially 20 weeks old. He still hangs out in the corner but has gotten good about going out in the backyard and staying out there and playing and coming back up onto the deck and to the door when he wants to come in (or through the screen like he did yesterday when I left the glass door open). Hehe. He's a very smart dog. Chicago is the same as he ever was. No updates on him, though he does appear to be handling the dog better.

No comments: