Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday - already?

It doesn't seem like Friday already?

Today we started out day w/ a trip to the pediatrician. Shocker - $20 and an ear infection.

However, we did get a script for 60 days of Amoxycillin - to try and prevent any more ear infections until Conor's surgery. First 30 (actually 28) days of antibiotic - $10.

But that was all we spent today and I consider those requirements.

We came home and Conor was asleep so Aiden, Chester and I went out to play for a bit (half hour). It was nice to get some fresh air, gave me a new perspective and I think it boosted Aiden's mood as well. I did a little bit of raking - goodness there is a lot of that to do! I didn't put it anywhere but in a pile, so I'm sure we'll end up with some winds and it will be back all over the yard again.

This afternoon, after lunch and Conor's nap we went to Poncin Hewitt Fields for a bit. Aiden was so happy to have some time on the playground. Conor, not so thrilled about sitting in his stroller, but he was good as long as there were kids running by. Aiden chased the older (?) kids and laughed and did echo speech but not really any interaction on their part. He had a blast though, laughing his head off...and they didn't seem to mind, so that's a good thing.

Came home and Aiden had some computer time, Conor took a quick nap while I prepped dinner. Tonight we are having pasta w/ sausage sauce. MMM

I totally didn't stick to my meal plan this week, but I did make one, but I didn't buy anything that wasn't on our lists special for meals this week so I guess that's okay. I think I need to make sure I do my shop prior to making the meal plan, that way I can focus the plan on what is on sale. Man, this frugal housewife stuff is hard. LOL

Oh we also got a referral to Hasbro and a number to call for Children's for a formal communication assessment for Aiden. I probably should have thought of doing this a year ago, but I guess late is better than never right? Ped brought up a good point of what if he does well on his assessment and we are left w/ there being an obvious issue and no where to go from there. Good point. I guess I figured he'd certainly qualify for the ELC preschool. We shall see where that gets us. Today was a good day for him though, I think because I kept him busy. This morning was a little trying on me...I pretty much had decided I was running away by 10 am. Getting dressed was an issue. First he put his underwear on through the leg instead of the waist, then he put his pajama's back on before he put his jeans on, then he completely lost it when I told him he had to put his shirt on himself. All the while, Conor had traveled across my bedroom (I put him in there so I could get ready) and unplugged the alarm clock...this kid is going to be trouble.

No comments: