Friday, February 8, 2008

Sick day...

Well not literally. Wednesday night Conor started throwing up around 7 pm....and continued until midnight. He had three really big vomits (TMI sorry) and then continued w/ bile, poor guy. I put him to bed in his old carseat carrier in our bed and I'd hear his stmach start to gugle, I'd sit him up and have him spit up/throw up into a towel or diaper rag...then switch them out and have them ready for the next time. He was so tired, he'd scream for a second and fall right back asleep. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. Finally around 4:30 pm I noticed him moving, he was trying to sit up or move around in his seat so I knew he was finally feeling better. I took him out of the seat, laid him on our bed and gave him 4 oz of pedialyte, because up until that point he wouldn't take anything. He wanted more, but I didn't want to shock his system and make him sick again...so I held off. Yesterday he was better, just had diarrhea and was fussy...I had to hold him all day as he took naps off and on throughout the day. Last night he slept in our bed again so that I could keep an ear out, and good thing as he had a very bad diarrhea episode around 5 am this morning. He hasn't had any solids and hardly any formula but I'm trying to get him to take some, along with the pedialyte. He woke up this morning with a high fever and now has a green runny nose, he's been hit for sure, and hit hard. Poor guy. I'm hoping he'll have some solids today...going to try some rice in a bit. Thankfully Aiden is still feeling just grand...let's keep it that way huh?

No comments: